Who We Are
The Healthcare Distribution Association (HDA) represents those businesses who supply medicines, medical devices and healthcare services to patients, pharmacies, hospitals, dispensing doctors and the pharmaceutical industry. HDA members operate across the four nations of the United Kingdom, enabling a safe, efficient and high-quality supply chain for the healthcare sector.
What We Do
The HDA is the trade association for an essential part of the healthcare supply chain. HDA members are responsible for distributing over 92% of NHS medicines and providing wholesaling services including working capital, stock management and IT systems to their supply chain partners.
The HDA and its members are at the forefront of the constantly evolving healthcare supply chain, which is seeing innovative practices and technologies make new services possible for manufacturers and to those who dispense medicines, reflecting the needs and choices of individual patients.
From Factory to Pharmacy
As part of our mission to build awareness, understanding and appreciation of the vital importance of the healthcare distribution sector, we developed an infographic explaining the availability of medicines. It identifies the factors that can impact drug supply, as well as the measures that HDA members undertake day in, day out to help mitigate the risks of patients not receiving their medicines.See the Infographic
Our Latest News
Apply to become a Member
Membership of the HDA guarantees your organisation:
- Access to leading policy and industry forums of debate and discussion
- Invitations to a range of networking industry events organised through the year, including an Annual Conference and a Business Day
- Representation on HDA working parties, including the Members’ Liaison Group
- A daily Political and Media Bulletin and HDA Newsletters
- Access to HDA policy documents and all sections of the HDA website
- Branding and marketing opportunities