The HDA has three levels of membership: Full, Affiliate, and Associate.
Full HDA members will typically offer the widest range of medicines and medical devices through providing the NHS with a comprehensive service.
Affiliate Membership of the HDA is open to smaller healthcare distribution businesses who are keen to promote the HDA mission.
Associate Membership of the HDA is relevant to any company or organisation with an interest in the healthcare supply chain, and in particular those wishing to understand and share best industry practice within the supply chain.
" HDA members provide 92% of the nation's medicine "
Full Membership is for firms engaged principally in the wholesale distribution of a full range of pharmaceutical products.
Affiliate Membership is for businesses involved in the distribution of pharmaceutical products, who stock at least 4,000 different lines of medicines.
Associate Membership is for any company or organisation related to, or having an interest in, the pharmaceutical supply chain.
From Factory to Pharmacy
As part of our mission to build awareness, understanding and appreciation of the vital importance of the healthcare distribution sector, we developed an infographic explaining the availability of medicines. It identifies the factors that can impact drug supply, as well as the measures that HDA members undertake day in, day out to help mitigate the risks of patients not receiving their medicines.See the Infographic
Apply to become a Member
Membership of the HDA guarantees your organisation:
- Access to leading policy and industry forums of debate and discussion
- Invitations to a range of networking industry events organised through the year, including an Annual Conference and a Business Day
- Representation on HDA working parties, including the Members’ Liaison Group
- A daily Political and Media Bulletin and HDA Newsletters
- Access to HDA policy documents and all sections of the HDA website
- Branding and marketing opportunities