HDA UK Media And Political Bulletin – 7 April 2017
CQC cracks down on four more online pharmacies
Chemist and Druggist, Annabelle Collins, 6 April 2017
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) has suspended the registration of one online pharmacy and taken action against another three for potentially putting patients at risk of harm. The health regulator found that online prescribing service Doctor Matt Ltd was issuing prescriptions without sufficiently reviewing patient questionnaires. The CQC has suspended the business’s registration until the end of June. Other online pharmacies were issued warning notices and told to ensure that prescriptions were documented and designated appropriately, based on a thorough medical history.
There is no Parliamentary Coverage.
From Factory to Pharmacy
As part of our mission to build awareness, understanding and appreciation of the vital importance of the healthcare distribution sector, we developed an infographic explaining the availability of medicines. It identifies the factors that can impact drug supply, as well as the measures that HDA members undertake day in, day out to help mitigate the risks of patients not receiving their medicines.See the Infographic
Apply to become a Member
Membership of the HDA guarantees your organisation:
- Access to leading policy and industry forums of debate and discussion
- Invitations to a range of networking industry events organised through the year, including an Annual Conference and a Business Day
- Representation on HDA working parties, including the Members’ Liaison Group
- A daily Political and Media Bulletin and HDA Newsletters
- Access to HDA policy documents and all sections of the HDA website
- Branding and marketing opportunities