The Healthcare Distribution Association (HDA UK) (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is the HDA UK of 90 Long Acre, London WC2E 9RA. Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Martin Sawer.
This policy (together with Our Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name, company name, telephone number and email address.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our websites and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to third parties. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
What are cookies?
There is a technology called “cookies” which can be used to provide you with tailored information from a web site by distinguishing you from other users. A cookie is an element of data that a web site can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer system. This element of data is a piece of text file of letters and number, not a program that we store on your browser or hard drive of your computer if you agree. The Site can only access the information from a cookie sent by the Site. We cannot access other cookies sent by other web sites or the information contained therein. Additionally, we cannot learn your email address or any other information about you through the use of a cookie. The only way we would learn such information is if you specifically submit that information to us.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our websites according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our websites.
May I decline to accept a cookie?
You may decline to accept cookies sent by the Site by selecting an option on your browser to reject cookies or you can also use the Cookie panel to make your choice. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all parts of our site.
What benefits do I receive from cookies?
The information we collect
We will endeavour to protect any personal information you may provide on the public areas of this website to ensure it remains confidential, and is used only for the purpose described on our site.
Transferring information overseas
We will not transfer, store or process any information or data collected on this website outside of the EU.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How we use information collected
Any information that you supply to us or data that we collect will be processed by or on behalf of the HDA UK you agree that we may, and we confirm that we will only use, the information you provide to us or the data that we collect for the following reasons:
- To send you information you have specifically requested.
- To help us develop the website to be more useful to you.
- For marketing and website user processing research or analysis.
- Information may also be shared between companies within the HDA UK and with our selected business partners to enable us to respond to your enquiries and requests more effectively and efficiently.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us to notify you about changes to our service.
We will store your data for as long as it is necessary to perform the service for which you have granted your permission for us to do so.
We will not, in any instance, sell or release your information to third parties unless we are required to do so by law.
When you use this website and provide us with personal information you are agreeing that we may use your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy.
You have the right to ask us not to process or delete your personal data. You also have the right to obtain a copy of any data we hold, you can exercise this right at any time by contacting us using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
This website is not aimed at children and we will not collect, use or process any form of personal information from children deliberately.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The HDA UK takes all reasonable security measures to protect personal information from loss, unauthorised access, destruction, misuse, modification or disclosure. As far as permissible under law, the HDA UK accepts no responsibility for the unauthorised access of personal information held by the HDA UK.
If you require your record to be removed, amended or you would like a copy of the data we hold, please write to the nominated representative Martin Sawer, 90 Long Acre, London WC2E 9RA or alternatively email email@example.com.
From Factory to Pharmacy
As part of our mission to build awareness, understanding and appreciation of the vital importance of the healthcare distribution sector, we developed an infographic explaining the availability of medicines. It identifies the factors that can impact drug supply, as well as the measures that HDA members undertake day in, day out to help mitigate the risks of patients not receiving their medicines.See the Infographic
Apply to become a Member
Membership of the HDA guarantees your organisation:
- Access to leading policy and industry forums of debate and discussion
- Invitations to a range of networking industry events organised through the year, including an Annual Conference and a Business Day
- Representation on HDA working parties, including the Members’ Liaison Group
- A daily Political and Media Bulletin and HDA Newsletters
- Access to HDA policy documents and all sections of the HDA website
- Branding and marketing opportunities