HDA appearance at EU Select Committee
The HDA’s Executive Director, Martin Sawer, appeared before the EU Exit Select Committee as part of the Committee’s assessment of the readiness of supply chains to cope in the event of a ‘no-deal’ Brexit.
Commenting on the risks associated with ‘no-deal,’ Martin Sawer said that the industry ‘would expect medicine shortages and a lot of price rises for the NHS pretty quickly, and some shortages in some constituencies for sure.’ He also warned that counterfeit and substandard drugs could find their way into pharmacies if the UK was forcibly detached from the Falsified Medicines Directive.
Watch the full discussion on the impact of a ‘no-deal’ Brexit on medicine and chemical industries here.
From Factory to Pharmacy
As part of our mission to build awareness, understanding and appreciation of the vital importance of the healthcare distribution sector, we developed an infographic explaining the availability of medicines. It identifies the factors that can impact drug supply, as well as the measures that HDA members undertake day in, day out to help mitigate the risks of patients not receiving their medicines.See the Infographic
Apply to become a Member
Membership of the HDA guarantees your organisation:
- Access to leading policy and industry forums of debate and discussion
- Invitations to a range of networking industry events organised through the year, including an Annual Conference and a Business Day
- Representation on HDA working parties, including the Members’ Liaison Group
- A daily Political and Media Bulletin and HDA Newsletters
- Access to HDA policy documents and all sections of the HDA website
- Branding and marketing opportunities