HDA UK Media and Political Bulletin – 20 April 2021
BBC, World at One, Sarah Montague, 19 April 2021
Mark Samuels, Chief Executive of the British Generic Manufacturers Association (BGMA) speaking on the World at One said an ‘urgent solution’ is required, or the people of Northern Ireland will feel impact of the medical disruption as soon as January 2022.
Several manufacturing companies have already decided that from January 2022 they will not to launch new products in Northern Ireland, including treatments for epilepsy, cancer and diabetes.
Mark Samuels calls on the UK government to develop a strategy for generics and to work with the European Commission to permit the transit of medication for use in Great Britain into Northern Ireland.
There was no parliamentary coverage today.
From Factory to Pharmacy
As part of our mission to build awareness, understanding and appreciation of the vital importance of the healthcare distribution sector, we developed an infographic explaining the availability of medicines. It identifies the factors that can impact drug supply, as well as the measures that HDA members undertake day in, day out to help mitigate the risks of patients not receiving their medicines.See the Infographic
Apply to become a Member
Membership of the HDA guarantees your organisation:
- Access to leading policy and industry forums of debate and discussion
- Invitations to a range of networking industry events organised through the year, including an Annual Conference and a Business Day
- Representation on HDA working parties, including the Members’ Liaison Group
- A daily Political and Media Bulletin and HDA Newsletters
- Access to HDA policy documents and all sections of the HDA website
- Branding and marketing opportunities