HDA UK Media And Political Bulletin – 17 May 2017
Brexit’s potential health benefits
Financial Times, Alasdair Breckenridge, 16 May 2017
Sir Alasdair Breckenridge, former chairman of the UK Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Products Agency (MHRA) contends that Brexit will have significant disruptive effects on medicines regulation and the future of the pharmaceutical industry. However, it also offers potential advantages if politicians and policymakers commit to an alternative course. Key to this would be incorporating health technology assessment (HTA) into a reformed regulator. This would result in more rapid and efficient overall assessment, as well as greater bargaining power over drug pricing.
There is no Parliamentary Coverage.
There is no full coverage.
From Factory to Pharmacy
As part of our mission to build awareness, understanding and appreciation of the vital importance of the healthcare distribution sector, we developed an infographic explaining the availability of medicines. It identifies the factors that can impact drug supply, as well as the measures that HDA members undertake day in, day out to help mitigate the risks of patients not receiving their medicines.See the Infographic
Apply to become a Member
Membership of the HDA guarantees your organisation:
- Access to leading policy and industry forums of debate and discussion
- Invitations to a range of networking industry events organised through the year, including an Annual Conference and a Business Day
- Representation on HDA working parties, including the Members’ Liaison Group
- A daily Political and Media Bulletin and HDA Newsletters
- Access to HDA policy documents and all sections of the HDA website
- Branding and marketing opportunities