HDA UK Media And Political Bulletin – 13 December 2016
|Health Select Committee to hear evidence on funding cuts
Chemist and Druggist, Annabelle Collins and Grace Lewis, 12 December 2016
The Health Service Committee will hear evidence from pharmacy bodies and health officials on the UK Government’s decision to cut pharmacy funding in England by £113 million from this month. PSNC confirmed that the conclusions of the upcoming independent review of community pharmacy services, conducted by King’s Fund director of policy Richard Murray, and due later this month, will also be considered in this session. The hearing, originally planned for today, was postponed to early next year so that the evidence is not constrained by the legal action launched by PSNC last week.
The news was also reported by Pharmacy Biz.
There is no parliamentary coverage today.
There is no full coverage today.
From Factory to Pharmacy
As part of our mission to build awareness, understanding and appreciation of the vital importance of the healthcare distribution sector, we developed an infographic explaining the availability of medicines. It identifies the factors that can impact drug supply, as well as the measures that HDA members undertake day in, day out to help mitigate the risks of patients not receiving their medicines.See the Infographic
Apply to become a Member
Membership of the HDA guarantees your organisation:
- Access to leading policy and industry forums of debate and discussion
- Invitations to a range of networking industry events organised through the year, including an Annual Conference and a Business Day
- Representation on HDA working parties, including the Members’ Liaison Group
- A daily Political and Media Bulletin and HDA Newsletters
- Access to HDA policy documents and all sections of the HDA website
- Branding and marketing opportunities