HDA Media And Political Bulletin – 18 April 2016
|Copycat drugmakers team up to help UK make more use of cheaper drugs
17 April 2016, Financial Times, Andrew Ward
The UK is behind other European countries in adopting “biosimilar drugs”; they take up only 7% of the UK market compared with 43% across the EU. The drugs, which are near-identical versions of existing biological drugs, can reduce the cost of treatments to the NHS by more than a third. This has prompted manufacturers of biosimilars to create the British Biosimilars Association to increase their use in the UK.
There is no Parliamentary Coverage today.
There is no Full Coverage today.
From Factory to Pharmacy
As part of our mission to build awareness, understanding and appreciation of the vital importance of the healthcare distribution sector, we developed an infographic explaining the availability of medicines. It identifies the factors that can impact drug supply, as well as the measures that HDA members undertake day in, day out to help mitigate the risks of patients not receiving their medicines.See the Infographic
Apply to become a Member
Membership of the HDA guarantees your organisation:
- Access to leading policy and industry forums of debate and discussion
- Invitations to a range of networking industry events organised through the year, including an Annual Conference and a Business Day
- Representation on HDA working parties, including the Members’ Liaison Group
- A daily Political and Media Bulletin and HDA Newsletters
- Access to HDA policy documents and all sections of the HDA website
- Branding and marketing opportunities