HDA Media And Political Bulletin – 14 June 2016
|Most medicines don’t suffer shortages, claims government
13 June 2016, Chemist and Druggist, Annabelle Collins
In response to Kevin Barron calling for a meeting with Alistair Burt to discuss stock shortages, the Department of Health (DH) has stressed that the “vast majority” of prescriptions are not subject to supply problems. A DH spokesperson added that it was working closely with members of the supply chain to mitigate the impact of shortages on patient care. It stated it would “respond fully to [the letter] in due course.”
There is no Parliamentary coverage today.
There is no full coverage today.
From Factory to Pharmacy
As part of our mission to build awareness, understanding and appreciation of the vital importance of the healthcare distribution sector, we developed an infographic explaining the availability of medicines. It identifies the factors that can impact drug supply, as well as the measures that HDA members undertake day in, day out to help mitigate the risks of patients not receiving their medicines.See the Infographic
Apply to become a Member
Membership of the HDA guarantees your organisation:
- Access to leading policy and industry forums of debate and discussion
- Invitations to a range of networking industry events organised through the year, including an Annual Conference and a Business Day
- Representation on HDA working parties, including the Members’ Liaison Group
- A daily Political and Media Bulletin and HDA Newsletters
- Access to HDA policy documents and all sections of the HDA website
- Branding and marketing opportunities